Monday, January 9, 2012

ROI Formula

I am trying to find a formula for determining the ROI on brand awareness using Calculated Intangible Values.  I think I remember a formula where you take 3 years of pretax earnings for a company, subtract 3 years of the industry average return on assets and subtract the company's tangible assets. 

Which sounds like a lot or work. 

I know I can work through an ROI based on cost per impression and retention of that impression.  Which leads me to the effectiveness of something like a lip balm used as a promotional product.  The PPAI tells us that recipients of a promo product giveaway - 84% will remember the gift and 62% will have done or will do business with the promo product giver.  Then take a peek at the cost per impression, say about .004 per impression and you  have a pretty impressive ROI for promotional products!

Buy more lip balm, lotion, face paint, sanitizer and sun products!

The recent ppai show was great.  Attendance seemed to be down a little but the ASI Orlando show should be up!
The Pied Piper

No comments:

Post a Comment